« Must read, NY Times article,"Buying a Hearing Aid? You've Got a Lot to Learn" | Main | We now offer Electronic Shooters Protection (ESP) »
Monday
Sep282009

Hearing aid batteries are poisonous!

Remember, all batteries are poisonous. Hearing aid batteries are small, so they can easily be swallowed. Please keep them away from small children or pets. Also, consider keeping them away from the bedside table, so they are not mistaken for a pill. More than 3000 cases of small battery ingestion are reported to the US poison control center each year. Eight cases a year result in serious problems, such as severe damage to the esophagus. This could be especially difficult to diagnose in the case of a child who could not tell you that they swallowed a battery. If you know that someone has swallowed a battery, please call the National Battery Ingestion Hotline at 202-625-3333 and follow their advice.

PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend